Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TASTY TUESDAY

I just harvested my first Calendula flowers. Of course I forgot to take pictures so here is an example of what it looks like. This was an herb I was very excited to grow, mainly for the tea, but I am learning that there are so many more uses than I thought.

Calendula Tea is good for stomach ulcers, fever reducer, reduce inflammation, treat the common cold, relieve sore throats, and combat infections.

So in honor of my first Calendula flower harvesting, here is the recipe I used for the tea. Simple, easy and quick.

Calendula Tea

2 tsps Calendula flower petals
1 cup boiled water

Place your Calendula flower petals in an infuser and pour 1 cup of boiling water over the petals.

Allow the Calendula Tea to steep for 10-15 minutes. Depending on the time of year the calendula petals are harvested it can be bitter, if so sweeten with honey.

I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment