Monday, June 6, 2011

Strawberries

And the fruit starts coming in! This is the most exciting time of year for me. I love fruit! Especially strawberries.

We will be purchasing some Strawberries from Reeve's Farm in Baldwinsville NY sometime this week or next. Preferably this week. Eric is going to call him today to find out.

What does that mean? That means that we may have Strawberries at the Farmstand and at Otsiningo Market! I am so excited.

Strawberries remind me of when I was little and used to go picking strawberries with my grandma. Her motto was, "Eat your fill in the strawberry patch because the one's we pick are going for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie." My little brother and I used to sit there and eat more than we picked of course and would eventually feel really yucky from how many we ate. Poor Grandma, she might as well have left us home and picked all of them herself because that is pretty much what she did even with us there!

One of my favorite things to do with Strawberries is Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. I have been threatening to make one and haven't got around to it yet. Luckily I put the Rhubarb in the freezer already! Eric Jr did however eat a lot of the strawberries that I had bought for the pie, so I don't think I even have enough now.

What are some of your favorite things to do with Strawberries?

Make sure you check back here or on our Facebook page to find out when and if we will be getting them! Hopefully this week. (fingers crossed)

No comments:

Post a Comment