Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall....winter....rain/snow

Yes it is that time of year again. Every morning we get on the computer and look at the upcoming forecast to see what's ahead and plan our week. We are trying to get garlic in the ground. We have tons to get in the ground and we are hoping things dry out a little.

Two years ago we waited so long that we ended up planting it in the snow. Hoping not to have that happen this year. The weather is not cooperating though. Everyday it changes.

We finally got everything picked up and put back from the Fall Festival. And I would like to thank everyone that came to spend time with us. Sunday was pretty good but Monday was kind of a flop. So we will only be doing it 1 day next year.

There is also a lot of other things going on behind the scenes here. There is going to be a couple of announcements in the near future! I generally try not to announce things too soon. I want to make sure that they work out and are set before I tell everyone.  And to our customers who keep asking if we are pregnant yet this year....that is not one of the announcements and we are not pregnant! : )

But all in all it is amazing and exciting news for us. And of course for you guys!

I have been working on getting herbs processed and packaged. It is taking a little bit. We have a ton of them. I am thinking of making a rosemary garlic seasoning. What do you think?

We also debuted our Herbal teas at the festival and took them to market this past weekend for the first time. I am still working on packaging. I would love feedback on these. It's hard to know with teas what the right amount is. It is really funny how different people think. Between my father-in-law, Mother-in-law, husband and I we all seemed to have a different opinion on how strong or weak it is. So the most important opinion is the customers!



I have also started making fruit butters. My first was your plain and simple Apple butter. I then found an amazing recipe for Blueberry butter! And then came the Cherry Butter. We have a limited quantity of the cherry and blueberry butters. I only froze so much during the season not knowing that they would sell so quickly. The cherry and blueberry are amazing though!

Also I want to make sure that everyone is aware that we have a gift basket raffle going on for $50.00 worth of Cross Creek Farm products. This includes 2 chickens, 1herbal tea mix basket, 2 herb shakers, butternut squash, pumpkin, apples and an apple butter. Tickets are $1.00 a piece and I will draw a winner on Sunday October 23, 2011. That means get your ticket at market on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment