Wednesday, October 26, 2011

3 Little Pigs

Mater (front), Toots (back left), Digger (back right)
When I was young, my family had a potbelly pig. Her name was Miss Piggy. She was house trained and loved to lay down with you and was one of the best family pets we ever had. In my opinion anyway.

So when Eric pointed out these "Mini Pigs" on craigslist I was so excited! I wanted them so bad. I immediately called my mom to tell her about them because  I knew she would be just as excited as I was!

Well there were 3 of them that were rescue pigs. One was 1 1/2 years old and the other 2 were 8 months old. You would not know that they were the same age though. 1 of the 8 months old she found starved. He was so small because he was not given the proper nutrients that he needed during growth. The other 8 month old was so fat that his belly dragged on the ground and he had a hard time walking. The 1 1/2 yeah old I don't remember his story, but he is so friendly and will follow you around the farm.

We ended up getting them on Monday. We built small temporary pasture for them for the winter. In the spring we will be making it bigger.

Eric Jr absolutely loves them and we had a hard time getting him away from them.

The bigger/older one's name is Mater. The middle one is Digger (because he digs so much). And the little one is Toots (because of course he was tooting)!


Toots
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

  
Mater ( L ), Toots (R)
Eric Sr and Eric Jr working on the pig pen!


Carpenter Eric Jr, had to have the pencil behind his ear!

No comments:

Post a Comment