Thursday, January 19, 2012

West Creek Family Farm - Lotion bar review

I was asked by one of our farmer friends if I would be willing to do a review of their lotion bars. Being that my son tends to have really dry skin during the winter months and my hands are always dry I figured why not.

So a little information about the bars and then my review!

* The review is purely my own thoughts and opinions. I am not being paid for what I say.


West Creek Family Farm is owned by Ken and Peggy Vanvorce. They have been farming all their lives.They now raise dairy and beef cows, merino, cormo and romney sheep, alpacas, llamas, nubian goats, angora goats, cashmere goats, english angora rabbits, satin angora rabbits and jersey woolie rabbits. They make goat milk soaps (all with their goats milk). Spring they make Maple Syrup and Summer they grow vegetables.


And now my review:

The lotion bars are made from shea butter, beeswax, olive oil and essential oils. 


They are available in Lavender, vanilla, patchouli, apple cinnamon, mayan gold, arabian spice, peppermint and no joba joba.


When I first got it I immediately smelled the scent. Not overpowering but enough to take notice. I immediately pulled it out of the plastic and rubbed it on my hands. 


I think the bar idea is great. Personally myself I hate having the creme to rub on my hands...this definitely makes it easier and not so messy. It is also something that I can give my 2 year old son to rub on his hands and not have to worry whether he is getting gooey lotion all over the place. 


I used it a few times a day for a couple weeks both on myself and my 2 year old son and 1 year old daughter. I will have to say that my son loved it! One of those "Mommy me do" moments.


I felt that it was a great product. It definitely made my hands feel more nourished. No longer dry. And of course they smelled amazing.


The one thing I will have to say is that I did not like the little bit of oily feeling it left on my skin. However, most lotions and body products do the same so it is not necessarily a flaw of this product. 


I left my father-in-law "test" the product as well. He has psoriasis on his hands and will try anything to see if it helps. He said that it felt more to him almost like a soap than a lotion. He said he liked it and even though it had the scent in it it did not "sting" his hands like most lotions or creams. It is not something that he would continually use for his hands because it did not improve or change his psoriasis and he has a cream that does help him. 


That being said, 
I would recommend this product for anyone who loves lotions, creams and body products. It is great quality, and of course LOCAL!!!!! Great for gifts or just a treat for yourself.


You can find her products and more on their farm on her facebook page for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment