Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Behind

I guess I got a little behind on this blog!

Things on the farm have been busy! We got Cherries last week for market and for the farmstand at the house. Of course we are out of them right now but we will more than likely be getting more on Thursday.

We picked our first zucchini and yellow squash and put it on the stand at the house yesterday. Granted it was only 2 yellow squash, 2 zucchini, and 2 costata zucchini. There are a ton more growing over there though. Which means I am almost 100% positive that we will have squash and zucchini at market this weekend.

The rest of the plants in the field are looking great. The deer have still been nibbling on some plants here and there. We have lots of tiny acorn squash growing. The beans have flowers and there are some tiny sunshine squash started out there even though the deer ate those plants down to almost nothing.

I will try to play catch-up here within the next couple days. Hopefully! I have a lot more herb planting to do because I don't want the plants to go to waste that we did not sell, but we shall see! I hope to be caught up by the end of the week. We shall see!

Oh yeah- and we will probably have blueberries not this weekend but next possibly! Keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment