Monday, November 14, 2011

Fibers of Your Life

This year we have decided to attend some more farm artisan/craft events. This weekend was our first one.

It was called "Fiber's of Your Life" and was at the Oakdale Mall in Johnson City. It was definitely a long event. There were Alpaca's there, which provided quite the entertainment for the vendors. It was hilarious to watch the people stop dead in there tracks and be astonished that there were animals in the mall. We had our fair share of entertainment on what people thought they were too.

There were a few fiber vendors. Handmade Jewelry, Ever After Botanicals with homemade organic cleaning and body products, Allen's Old Barn Hollow with her award winning Jams, Sunny Hill Farm with their delicious honey.

I was very surprised to see a few of our regular market customers came to visit even after going to see Eric at the Otsiningo Farmer's Market.

I had Julianna with me both days. Luckily on Saturday I had Mom Krenner with me to help out with her. She was a little more miserable than she was on Sunday. Grandma lost a few pounds from walking the entire mall a few times! : )

On Sunday it was just Julianna and I, and as I was sitting there, I was thinking to myself what job could I do that I was able to have her with me all day long. Only in this type of business can I spend the whole day with my child and still be working and making money. It makes all the struggling of living on little income worth it.

I am very excited to attend the next one. And will be making a lot of Christmas related items.

We have decided to make handmade Pine Wreaths for Christmas this year. Can't wait to get started on those! We have a lot different stuff planned for the holiday season. We will be doing gift baskets of herbs, butters and some mixed baskets. They are great gifts to give for the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment